The village of Bolton all began with a river and a flour mill. However, the site of Bolton has been found to be connected to Aboriginal roots, who probably fished in this area.
This is what the river used to look like.
and this is the river now (well, in December when there was snow), you can kind of see the cement/or concrete in this picture. I'm hoping to fish along here at some point this summer.
This is the Flour mill, which was sold to the Hayhoe Brothers in 1941, which is what I found most interesting. The Hayhoe Brothers then sold the mill to the Woodbridge Farmers Cooperative in 1952.
Apparently there were two major floods surrounding this river, one in 1842, as seen in the first picture of this post, and one in 1912, shown above.
I believe this is the house that is on the left of the picture showing the flooding.
Though this is slightly an awkward picture, this is my second most favourite tree and I really want to know how old it is... you can't see but Erica is on the other side holding hands with Sarah and Elisa... It is SO big.
No comments:
Post a Comment